Sunday, February 1, 2009

MISSING DOG:
1/30/2009

TEACUP YORKSHIRE TERRIER 
GOES BY THE NAME, MIAMI

IF FOUND PLEASE CONTACT:
###-###-###




The latest scare in the Haynes household, was on Friday afternoon, when I let Miami out to potty and forgetting about her for about 30 min.- noticing that she had disappeared.  Reagan and I walked up and down the block, hollering, and shaking treats, to find nothing.  It was around 5pm, so most people getting home from work were out walking their dogs, and normally Miami would greet a person with a dog, and no one had seen her.  It got dark quickly after that, and cold, VERY cold- I was unsure if she would make it through the night.  
Adam and I pretty much came to terms that she was gone- and hopefully in someone's home, but we figured we'd never see her again, due to her being so friendly, sweet, lovable, and cute, whoever found her, would want to keep her for sure!
So, around 11:30pm- still NO Miami, I printed off these posters above and started posting them to EVERY (and I do mean EVERY) pole in my housing development.  
Night goes on, Morning comes, still no sign of her- I post signs at our local grocery store, and Pak-N-Mail, and what do you know after a long depressed 24 hours- a woman calls with GREAT NEWS!  She had Miami and was bringing her home!!!
Yolanda (the lady with very long fake finger nails), pulls up with Miami in her car looking out the window- (I was shaking so badly and was so happy to have found her!) We talked with Yolanda a little bit and found out that her son found her Friday evening (sounds like RIGHT after I lost her) and they decided to keep her over night then call!
I was thrilled that she decided to do the right thing, and not keep her- but heck, it was 24 hours of horrible sadness for us! Miami had tags on and everything! I was pretty angry that she waited so long to call, but we've assumed that she saw the signs EVERYWHERE and figured there was no way should would be able to get away with "stealing" her!  
:)  
Thank goodness!  We're glad you're home (stinker) Miami!   

3 comments:

Aunt Sarah said...

Atleaset she brought her back safe and sound!! And she probably liked sleeping on a bed for once hahaha unless her aunt sarah is in town and then she gets too! :)

Misty Rice said...

I agree that if Miami had tags and she took that long to call you, she was probably hoping for a cash reward. I want to give people the benefit of doubt and as I was reading your story at first I was thinking, gosh Kristen you don't sound very thankful and nice about this lady, mocking her nail etc. But once I realized she could have called you 23 hours and 30 minute prior to when she found Miami due to Miami having on tags..... I would be pretty upset also.

I am glad you found her....and mommy DON'T YOU FORGET HER AGAIN, YOU HEAR!!!!

PS: Don't get too caught up on the negative....whatever the reason may be, it was very kind of her to return Miami home. So THANK YOU Yolanda.

Tim said...

Wow that must have been very scary. It would have made me sick.