Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wine Festival on Father's Day



I know it has been awhile since I have blogged!  We have been keeping busy, and don't worry, I have not forgotten you guys!  ;)
This Father's Day was a lot of fun- we woke up and played with Reagan, went to church, lunch with some friends and then out to the LakeRidge Winery in Clermont, FL. Our friends Sam and Jamie were meeting us out there- they were having a wine tasting (yummy) and a grape stomping contest- which has ALWAYS been something I have wanted to do!  As Adam and I began to drive out there, the good ole' Florida down pour hit and lasted the entire time we were there, which caused them to close the festivities outside (including the grape stomping)  :(  But, low and behold, they opened it  back up while we were still there, and Reagan and I got to experience it together, in the rain!!  It was absolutely the most disgusting thing I have EVER done!  Course, these grapes were "pre-stomped" by multiple feet (which did not seem appetizing) but, since I had talked up the fact I wanted to do it so bad- I had to do it! A little 7 yr. old girl wanted to race, but I opted not to.  :)  So, long story short, the festival was interesting to say the least, but we were with great company and had fun! Afterward, we had a wonderful dinner at the Cracker Barrel and Reagan fell asleep so sweet in her car seat- snug as a bug!  -see picture above!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! I love that clip! I hope I don't get that bottle of wine :) It makes me think of that I Love Lucy episode haha. Well, as usual, you made my dull work day a little more entertaining!

Mommy & Me said...

Looks like great fun! EEWW is right!