Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A day at the Central Florida Zoo




THE ZOO!!

Reagan looking into the elephants' home!

The lama came right up to Reagan and Charlotte! 


Every Wednesday at the Central Florida Zoo they have a FREE story time and animal viewing, then you can pay to walk around the zoo.  So, one of my Mom's groups decided to meet at the zoo, do the story time and walk around.  The Zoo was rather disappointing, considering that the only animals we saw were two elephants, a lama, one butterfly (in the butterfly garden), a few kangaroos, a hidden sloth, a few monkeys and a cougar and cheetah (both very hidden)- Maybe I should have worded that last sentence, "the only animals the kids could see"- but it was a nice morning to visit and get out of the house!  And we got some cute pictures!

2 comments:

Kelli Davis said...

I don't know what you mean by "disappointing"! I don't remember the last time I've seen a sloth!!! You guys are spoiled in Florida! The most exciting wildlife we have in Texas are armadillos and the occasional scorpion.

:-)

Kristen Haynes said...

LOL! Believe it or not- I see those here too! LOL! That was a very HOT (which is a different HOT than 107 degree Midland heat) and boring day at the zoo, I must say! LOL! But I DO love Florida! We have lots of do here!!