Friday, May 1, 2009

Meeting THE Ghostbuster, himself, Dan Akroyd!

Last Saturday afternoon at our local grocery store; Publix- Dan Akroyd (actor in many films; Blues Brothers, Ghostbusters, My Girl, Cone heads.... to name a few) was doing a promo on Dan Akryod Wine and he was signing the bottles.  I had mentioned it to Adam and he was going to be working that day, so Reagan and I ventured to the store (thinking NO ONE would come) we stood in line for an hour to get wine signed and a picture!  These pictures were our eventful day in line waiting for Dan.......  She loved it! :)  I am gad we did it, and she was so wonderful that day! Now we have several bottle for a fun story to tell and nice gifts!   I do think, however, that Reagan was quite disappointed that when we got to the end of the line, it wasn't a Disney character, or Barney- :)  all that waiting and no one in a costume! "What gives!?"

I started off holding her, until she got restless, so I put her in this nifty cart like a car that she has never been in before, she loved the feeling of facing forward!
It wasn't long before I had to pull out the "big guns" (the snacks!) *Look at how she is holding Barney between her legs!
When we moved inside the store, I moved her into the cart for a different "atmosphere".....
And this was what I got- my whole diaper bag dumped out into the cart! :)
We finally made it!
And like I said, she wasn't really thrilled for the ending of the line, to find a MAN- LOL! But I'll be nice for her baby book- :)
(Let me start off by saying, I was upset to that Dan sitting there with a baseball cap, and sunglasses on INSIDE!) But when we got up to him, he was really nice to us- (we were buying 4 bottles of his wine for gifts), and he stood up (which he wasn't doing for other people's pictures) and he took off his sunglasses!  So, I got a good pic with him! 
Watch the video of how happy Reagan was while in a line waiting for Dan Akroyd!

1 comment:

La Familia Crespo said...

I'm glad he stood up and gave you ladies a nice picture after waiting so long with a toddler. I don't think I would have been brave enough to wait that long with Cristiana