Monday, June 1, 2009

"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"


She wore this little dress on Memorial Day at the beach!


I LOVE my little girl SO much!  She is so BRIGHT!  I am always beating myself up b/c all of her friends say more words than she does, or they started walking before she did, etc. etc. but when I thought about it, she just uses a different brain (Right/Left) ....... I think- 

Yesterday while I was reading her a Barney book, her was taking a  bath, and there were BUBBLES, when I said Bubbles, instead of saying it (like most of her friends would) she starting blowing, as if she were blowing bubbles! I beginning to wonder if it's b/c we use sign language that she makes that connection- but some people say they think the signing causes them not to speak, when my Dr. encourages it- and I have to say, every word she knows how to sign, she knows how to say too- So, I STRONGLY believe in signing while they are young!

As I BRAG, :)  we have two different music boxes that play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" (just instrumental) and EVERYTIME it plays, she puts her hands in the air, and does the "twinkle" (which we learned back in Gymboree)- I'm REALLY amazed how she picks up that song, with each different arrangement of the same song- I DON'T know how she knows it!!

THEN, this morning I was watching her through the rear view mirror when we were in the car, and I started singing "Twinkle Twinkle"- we did the hand motions, etc. and after we finish each song, we say "Yay" and clap- then she started saying some things (more like a song) then clapped- I was driving so I had to think about what she had just done, but it occurred to me, I think she just sang it! so, I sang it again with her- then waited to see what she would do- She TOTALLY sang it!!!  (in her own way, of course!) then clapped!  

It brought tears to my eyes, that she was singing!!  I couldn't believe it!  
So, even when she may be "behind" (as far as I see it) on somethings her friends can do-
She's ahead in her OWN way, doing just what she needs to be doing!  :)  

3 comments:

Kelli Davis said...

Odd question, I know... In your "Hi Friends" post, I can see your wedding ring, but not the detail, and it looks so cool! Will you post an actual close up picture of your ring? I'd love to see it!! Hope all is well!

Kristen Haynes said...

Hey Kelli!
I'll try to post a pic but you can probably search for the ring online (David Yurman) to see a better image- (it's not my actual wedding ring though) that ring was a Christmas gift last year- I love it and it's less "pokey" than my wedding ring so I've been wearing so I won't scratch Reagan up- :) anyway- I'd search online under new arrivals/

La Familia Crespo said...

I always have to remind myself that they all develop at different times as well. Cristiana is very advanced in some things but other things she lags by a little just like they all do. Cristiana's vocab isn't huge but I can't complain since I'm teaching her English, Sign Language, and Spanish all at once.