Thursday, March 4, 2010

First Dentist visit-


Now that we are 2 years old, it's time to start getting serious about our teeth. A friend of ours that is a Pediatric Dentist, AND cleans mine and Adam's teeth wanted to see Reagan after she turned 2- Reagan LOVES to brush her teeth, we use an electric toothbrush with kids' MINT toothpaste (which the dentist told me to start using on her to make dentist appts easier as she gets older)- So, I thought the dentist would be a BREEZE- I had it all planned out- we had talked about it a few days before, practicing "AHH" keeping out mouth open wide, etc. and I was going to get a cleaning FIRST so she could watch and see that it's just fine! But as soon as it was her turn- she WOULDN'T open her mouth!
She ended up just getting a quick look through and got to wear some cool "protective eyewear" and she dug through a treasure chest- ... maybe she'll open in about 6 months- .... that's what I'm hoping for- BUT in the meantime, she has a really bad over-bite due to her sucking her thumb, and we've been instructed to stop the thumb sucking! NOT EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sucked my thumb until I was 8 (sad, I know)--I needed braces, of course (but so did everyone else in my family). She'll be fine. How can you take away her thumb? It's not like taking away a pacifier! I will be curious to know how you deal with that one! :) Oh-and don't believe all the hype that it will affect her speech development either!