Monday, April 28, 2008

4 month shots

"Thank you Jamie, for my cute outfit!"


Well, today was a bit depressing- I had to take Reagan to her 4 month check-up where she gets her shots.  She got 4 vaccines; three shots on the legs and then a oral vaccine.  (See her little boo boos, they are Charlie Brown band-aids).  We have had a hard time this go around.  She has been running a fever all day and has been extremely fussy,  which is normal, she only ran a temp for a little while after her first set of shots at 2 months, but her immune system is working on fighting this pain off this time, and if you ask me, it's not doing a very good job.  But a few of my girlfriends who have already taken their babies to get their 4 month shots said they were sick a few days- so we'll hope she gets better tomorrow.  
But, the fun part about the check-up is going to get her weighed and measured!  She is weighing in at 13.1 lbs and 25.5 inches long!  Perfect on the growth chart!  Her head is measuring a bit small, but her daddy's head it tiny, and it seems she is taking after him in EVERYTHING!  ;)  She is beginning to show an interest in everything I put in my mouth- watching my every move; drinking, eating, etc.  So, I have been practicing with her by letting her try to hold a cup, spoon, etc.  She is doing very well, for not having much coordination.  The Dr. says to wait until about 6 months before introducing any solids but as soon as I am ready, I can start working with her on a sippy cup.- that should be interesting!

No comments: