Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sweet Potatoes

   Sweet Potato Face!..... click on this picture, and you can see her tooth, and the second one coming in!!  

Last night for dinner Reagan had sweet potatoes for the first time! ....FYI, for the next few weeks, everyone will get the privilege of seeing each food that will be introduced, proud mommy rules!  :)
 The Dr. suggests that you serve the "jar food" out of a bowl and not in the jar due to the bacteria that can come from the baby's mouth into the jar- which then doesn't allow you to reuse the jar if the baby doesn't eat everything thing in it. So, anyway, I poured a little bit into a bowl and fed her and Adam and I were waiting for a weird looking face (due to a totally new taste in her mouth), and she didn't flinch!  She ate everything that was in the bowl, so after refilling THREE more times!  I ended up feeding her the entire jar (it's like 2.5 ounces), but for it being her first time for "baby food" I was shocked she liked it so much!  She is such a little piggy- I think we're going to have a very hefty eater!   :)  Although, I've started introducing apple sauce into her cereal (as my Dr. requested) and she won't eat that!  - very strange considering how sweet apple sauce is!  Oh well!  Yesterday Adam and I took her to a Mexican restaurant and I gave her my lemon out of my drink, and we were expecting a face with that- and she ate the lemon off the rind practically!  No faces at all!  Zana, Izzy, and myself are BIG lemon eaters, so it looks like she will take after all of us!

No comments: