Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Saturday in NY, NY!!

New York Stock Exchange
Wall Street "BULL"
Statue of Liberty (him)/herself! LOL
(read below!)
Double Click to view the Statue of Liberty from a distance!

Saturday morning we slept in until 9am! (That's late for me, and for the so called, "city that never sleeps")
- We had a little breakfast in our hotel and got ready for another eventful afternoon of traveling (aka, walking) and sightseeing.  We had reservations at Mangia (an Italian restaurant where the waiters sing to you and are all males, and attractive) at 6pm and tickets to see Mary Poppins at 8pm. Even though we intended on coming back to the room to change, freshen up, etc. before hand, we took our tickets JUST IN CASE, there is SO much walking involved, and SO much to do, we weren't sure we would make it back in time!  Our day started out by going to Chinatown to "purse" shop- Adam told me a little bit about the "ropes" of buying "fakes" on the street there, and to be honest, I was really nervous! He told me that you had to FIND someone to take you where the purses were, it is ILLEGAL for them sale them off the street- Well, right off the subway, it didn't take long for someone to "find" us- an Asian man came up with a little piece of paper with pictures of purses and he said, "you want purse?" "come with me, come with me"- (extremely cautious, and a little nervous, we went!)   He took us into a shop with random backpacks, and off-brand purses, and jewelry, and then into a back room......beyond the back room was literally a HOLE in the wall- he pushed through the hole, and there were stairs leading down into a dungeon like atmosphere- I now was literally holding my breathe, hoping we'd make it out alive! LOL- then into the room down stairs, there is TONS of women, shopping for stuff!  And TONS of purses!!!!  Kobi and Wilma loaded up on purses, and jewelry (but I was dumb and had no cash, so I got a necklace) - I had my heart set on a particular bag that wasn't there anyway- but that was my Chinatown purse escapade! :) After that I was ready to head to somewhere more "familiar" so we hopped in a cab and went to SOHO (lots of shopping here!) We then, jumped on a subway to the Financial District and took these pictures in front of the Stock Exchange (double click) and the "Bull" on Wall Street (if someone knows what the bull stands for let me know LOL!)- Then we took another subway over to Battery Park where we took some pictures of the Statue of Liberty from afar! (Double click on those too!)- it was so much fun! And we "met" the Statue of Liberty and paid $5 for this picture with him! LOL

1 comment:

Cowgirl Beans said...

The bull is for a "bull" market- which means it's doing well (opposed to a "bear" market where its doing bad)

Looks like you had an awesome time in NY- glad you saw Wicked too- we LOVED it!!!
Miss you!
xoxo